PhD Research Conference – Funding available
The Doctoral School is pleased to announce, two funded places to attend the 11th Cumberland Lodge Doctoral Conference – Life Beyond the PhD, taking place on the 13th to 17th August 2018. The ‘Life Beyond the PhD’ conference is a unique celebration of the postgraduate research culture in the UK. Now in its eleventh year, the conference invites PhD students and early career researchers to share their experiences, take part in training, and explore the value of doctoral research in an inclusive and supportive environment.
What you can expect
Delegates participate in sessions on:
- Presentation and writing skills
- public engagement
- self-leadership for researchers
- interdisciplinary research proposals
- mental health for doctoral students
- sharing their research with a non-specialist audience
The conference offers opportunities to share research and aspirations, to explore collaborative and interdisciplinary ways of working, and to meet other doctoral students from a range of
backgrounds and disciplines. Cumberland Lodge provides the perfect setting, whether you want to step away from your research to clear your head, or enjoy a quiet place to get some writing done.
How to apply
- Funding is only available to PhD students who are looking to submit their thesis within the next 12 months.
- Funding covers, Conference registration, accommodation for the conference dates, meals provided by Cumberland Lodge, travel expenses.
- Must be available to attend on the dates 13th August – 17th August 2018
Application forms can be obtained by emailing email@example.com and should be submitted to the Doctoral School no later than Thursday 31st May 2018
Visit the website here for more information.