This workshop forms an introduction to the process of writing a research Data Management Plan (DMP): a formal document that outlines how you will handle your data both during your research, and after your research project has been completed. Students will learn about the purpose, benefits and structure of a DMP, and about some of the tools that can be used to create such plans.
This course is aimed at postgraduate research students in the early stages of their research degree (e.g. first year; second year).
On completion of this course participants should be able to:
- Understand the purpose and benefits of Data Management Plans
- Appreciate how a DMP may apply to your own research project
- Identify key elements in your project that should be recorded in a DMP
- Discuss data management planning with your research supervisor
- Locate and use planning tools including DMP Online
Data Management Planning
DATE: Wednesday, 11 January 2017
TIME: 10:00 to 11:30