The Doctoral School supports postgraduate lead research groups providing students with the opportunity to discuss their research, engage in current areas of academic interest and gain a fresh perspective on their work from other group members.
All of the doctoral research groups are made up of postgraduate students from a variety of disciplines and welcome new members.
The Doctoral School is looking to support new research groups that will produce measurable outputs and serve as communities for interdisciplinary exchange and debate.
We can offer you:
- Administrative support
Research Group Requirements
- A minimum of six members, at least four of who undertaking postgraduate study
- Membership must consist of postgraduate students from at least three different disciplines
- The group must meet on a regular basis
As mentioned above the group must meet regularly and conduct any (or all) of the following:
- Engage in interdisciplinary research in the form of debates and discussions
- Share and discuss readings of texts or practice-led research
- Undertake new research projects as a group and present and discuss works in progress